What Information We Collect from You and How We Use It Information we collect about you and how we will use it depends on how you interact with us. For example, you might place an order on our Website, contact us with a question by email or phone, make a purchase, or book an appointment in one of the stores that carry our products. The information discussed below provides some examples of the information we collect about you and how we will use it. We will collect personal data needed to identify you, such as your name, username, password and date of birth. We will also collect your contact details, such as your email address, telephone number and billing/delivery address. We will use your information as detailed below.
To fulfill our contract with you: To fulfill your order, for example, by delivering your products to you or to contact you about your order where necessary
Legitimate business purposes: To allow you to create an account with us To allow you to book an appointment with us or to attend an event To communicate with you your order or booking, if you have asked a question or sent us a complaint To allow you to complete any surveys we send you (if you wish to), or to comment on or review our products or services, to help us improve them To support fraud prevention and detection
Where you consent:
To send you email newsletters to keep you up-to-date about our products, services, and latest offers, which we think will interest you (only where you consent) To allow you to enter competitions, events, or prize draws run by us We will use the information you provide when you contact us by telephone, by email, by post or on social media as detailed below.
Legitimate business purposes: To administer and to improve our Website, to ensure it is presented in the most effective manner for you and to give you the best Website experience and to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website if you choose to do so For data analysis, testing, research and statistical statistics to help us to improve our products and services To keep our Website safe and secure To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about products or services that may interest you or them To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we direct to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you We may gather additional information you choose to provide, including your hair color, eye color and skin tone. We will use this information as detailed below.
Legitimate business purposes: To assist us to provide you with a more personalized beauty experience You do not have to give us any of the personal data discussed above. But, if you do not provide us with certain information, we may not be able to ship you with the goods and provide the services you have requested from us. The forms you fill in on our Website and in stores that carry our products will make it clear what information we need to provide the product or service you are requesting and what information you can decide whether to provide. To help us form a better, overall understanding of you as a customer, we combine your personal data, for example, your shopping history.
1. AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING We do not currently carry out automated decision-making using information we hold about you.
2. SHARING YOUR DATA SHARING YOUR DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES WE TRUST We share your personal data with third parties we trust to allow us to provide our services to you. When we do share your data with these third parties, we only provide the information they need to perform the service. We have written contracts in place with them requiring they only use your data for the purpose we specify to them and that your privacy is secure and respected. The third parties we trust include the following: Companies that help us fulfill your orders: GLS Professional service providers such as website hosting providers, system providers, website analytics providers, advertisers and appointment booking providers, who help us run our business: Commerce Cloud and Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you: ExactTarget, Social Annex, Windsor Circle; Social Media or Web platforms to show you products that might interest you while you are browsing the internet: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Gmail; Companies that send segmented, personalized marketing communications on our behalf: Windsor Circle; and Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so that we can help tackle fraud: Stripe, PayPal We may also share your personal data connected in a business transaction. Those transactions include a merger, acquisition by another company, an investment in our company or a sale of all or a portion of our assets). In these circumstances, we may need to share your personal data with a prospective buyer, investor and external professional advisors, such as accountants, insurers, lawyers or financial institutions. We may be required by law to share your personal data with the police, administrative authorities or other enforcement, regulatory or Government bodies. We will only share your personal data with third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes when you have given your consent for us to do so. We will only share your personal data with third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes when you have given your consent for us to do so. For more information on the privacy policies of our partners who act as independent data controllers, please direct your inquiries to: https://www.gls-italy.com/en https://stripe.com/ https://www.paypal.com/be/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full?locale.x=en_it
3. INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM THIRD PARTIES We may receive information about you from third parties, such as: (a) companies with which we run competitions and events, such as trade shows; or from organizations we work with, or from publicly available sources, such as Companies House, or information which is published in the media, Depending on your settings or the privacy policies of social media or messaging services, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or WhatsApp, we may collect information about you from these sources, with your permission. We may combine the information you have given us, with information obtained from other sources, but we will only do this when we have a lawful basis to do so.
4. SEEING ADVERTISEMENTS FOR OUR WEBSITE ONLINE We, like many other companies, target Meysel Makeup ads and banners when you are browsing on apps and other websites. We do this by way of various ad exchanges and digital marketing networks. We use various advertising technologies, for instance, ad tag, cookies, pixels, identifiers and web beacons. We also use services offered by some sites and social networks, for example, Facebook's Custom Audiences. The ads and banners you see are based on information that we hold about you, or on your prior use of our Website. Examples include: (a) products you have browsed previously; (b) content you have read on our Website; or (c) content you have read on Anastasia Beverly Hills’ banners or ads that you previously reviewed.
6. NON-IT CUSTOMERS If you are based outside the IT and place an order on the Website, your personal data will be accessed in the IT by Meysel Makeup. and the third parties detailed above.
8. UPDATING AND CORRECTING It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. If you have an account with us, please keep your details up-to-date.
9. SECURITY We are committed to securing your personal data. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic, contractual and managerial procedures, including our Information Security Management System and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, to protect your personal data.
11. HOW CAN I UNSUBSCRIBE FROM MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS? We enjoy keeping you up-to-date by email about our latest products, services, offers and events. But if you decide that you do not want to receive these communications at any point, you can unsubscribe as follows: (1) Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the unsubscribe button on the bottom of any email we send you; or (2) If you have an account with us, you can also unsubscribe by going to the Account Information page on the Meysel Makeup website, clicking on Newsletters, and unsubscribing to general subscription.
12. YOUR RIGHTS You have the following rights regarding the personal information we hold about you to request: Access to the personal data we hold about you (commonly known as a "data subject access request") including a copy of it; The correction of the personal information that we hold about you if it is not complete or accurate. But if you hold an account with us, you may be able to do this in certain cases yourself by visiting the Account Information page on the Meysel Makeup website; The deletion or removal of personal data we hold about you where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it or where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below); For our processing of your personal information to be restricted to certain circumstances, for example, if you want to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it; and To obtain a copy of the personal information you have provided us with and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer it to a third party of your choice. We may ask you for proof of your identity before dealing with your request, as a security measure to protect your data.
Right to Object Where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests, you can ask us to stop processing it. We must do so unless we believe we have an overriding legitimate reason to continue processing your personal data.